What I have loved about today…
- The oldest brother "training" the middle brother in dancing. The kid has rhythm and knows it…the other has no rhythm, and doesn't know it. Makes for a fun before bed laugh!
- The girl following her brothers, who are quite oblivious to her existence, with a sticker in her hand that finally winds up on the middle boy's belly. More laughter!
- The youngest boy suddenly free with his "I love yous" and hugs…that's new!
- A husband who thinks annoying me is fun…I try so hard not to smile, but always fail. That boy sure does know what buttons to push when this stubborn girl has no intention on cracking a smile.
What I have not loved about today…
- The youngest boy pooping in his undies…yuck.
- Repeating myself a million (total exaggeration) times before obedience happens.
- Sending two different boys to the corner on several different occasions for lacking listening skills.
- Losing my temper with the youngest boy at bedtime, over nothing. I'm just tired from the day and ready for "me" time.
So many more "loves" and "not loves" filled this day. So many times I mentally stored in my mind something one of my little people did that just filled my heart with love and joy. And so many times I wished I could step outside of my body and watch how I dealt with one of those little people in my frustration and anger. I
think know I would be disappointed in the way I treated them at times.
Tomorrow is a new day. And with the help of my God, I will be a better parent and slow down and enjoy these amazing little people He has entrusted to me.